ABSA Bus Build -Aka Rekaofela
· We were asked to design and create a custom experiential Bus. This is being used to transport Absa’s most prestige customers, too and from events, For 40-45 people
· We did the complete design.
· We did research and found a double decker bus, which is in great working condition.
· We first stripped all the seats, carpets and walls not forgetting to fumigate the double decker bus – after seeing all the creepy crawly’s inside – Never travelling on any bus without spray after this experience
· We designed new chairs made to client’s specs.
· We reupholstered the entire bus in Absa’s colors.
· We created a cozy tv lounge downstairs.
· We created a bar area for where drinks would be served from.
· We repaired and upgrade existing aircon unit.
Technical point of view
· We added cellphone charges and PlayStation’s at each chair for convenience to the passengers. What is a bus ride without gaming?
· Eight screens were installed to run a bespoke quiz, (Our sister company bw digital wrote the quiz)
· 2 x fridges for Bar Area a Complete sound system with a dj station to supply music.
· 1 x inverter system with batteries to power fridges and sound system.
· We repaired and upgrade the bathroom(toilet) adding hand basin and towel rail.
· In essence Custom rebuild a Double decker bus from scratch, with only the best experience to be held while traveling to events.
· The final part of the design work – Branding the entire bus with vinyl and contra vision for windows.
· Over 20 people worked on the bus, including carpenters, upholsterers, electronation, steelworker and vinyl applicator.
· We project managed the entire process for the Client on behalf of Absa.
· Build time: 10 weeks.
· Favorite part of the build: The bespoke app and sound system, with PlayStation on bus.
· Least favorite part of build: Timing…. timing was very short.
· Interesting fact: We actually have built three Absa buses.