Castle lite – taken to the next level
- The original idea was from Ogilvy, what would a castlelite fire truck look like?
- The Castlelite brand has always been an Innovative Brand.
- We had built a couple of castlelite ice bars (12m containers 40ft) but these proved to be expensive to transport around and setup.
- We sat with Castlelite brand team and came up with the world’s first features never seen on any Experiential vehicle.
These features include:
- Chill blaster (using CO2 gas under high pressure this unit could makes a beer ice cold in seconds)
- BW digital) wrote a dance game, with a custom vending machine that dispensed beers for the best dancers.
- We installed draught taps on the vehicle with frozen fonts(taps) using glycol.
- A full fridge area that could hold and chill over 30 cases of beer.
- A custom Ice- machine
- A customer data collection system.
- WIFI with iPad interaction, the whole truck could has controlled using the iPad (lights and sirens)
- Installed two snow cannons
- A Complete DJ box with sound system.
- Lastly full body wrap.
Check out this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANYetK71ZE8
The Design Process:
- Absolutely intense and challenging time frame to build over 8 trucks.
Two for south Africa, 6 for other African countries including Mozambique, Zambia etc
- Each castlelite truck was built on a different truck chassis, which meant we had to modify and rebuild each truck for each Chassis.
- Favourite part of the build: It felt like a piece of art was being built.
- Least favourite part of build: Had to make sure everything worked and fitted perfectly like a puzzle as there were lots of moving pieces to go wrong.
- Interesting fact: we won a Lourie award from ABinbev for these trucks.
- From Design to build, over 30 people worked on project.
- Build time: 16 weeks from order.
Truck bult for S.A.B North Region.